I was tagged quite some time ago by Veronica of Veronica’s Test Kitchen and must apologise for this rather late post. But, finally, here are five things most people don’t know about me:
- I was born in a small village in the southern state of Johor, Malaysia, of Chinese extraction. I have lived in Australia for the past 18 years, except for a year away back in Malaysia and a year in Italy.
- I now live in Perth, Western Australia, a city regarded as the most isolated capital city in the world. It is closer to travel to South-East Asia from here than to the eastern states of Australia.
- My career has been quite varied. I studied Agricultural Science but never worked in that field. Then, I studied Horticultural Science before pursuing a Master of Landscape Architecture and working in the industry for around 8 years. Now, I’m studying to be a chef!
- I love going against the grain and trying new things with food. I think the experimental streak in me comes from my mum, who is a great cook. My passion for cooking came from spending time in the kitchen with her. I love using warm and cold together, or sweet and savoury, or unusual combinations.
- I eat almost anything, including offal. There is very little I don’t eat or am not willing to try. I love vegetables, meat, seafood, game, DESSERTS, you name it.
I’ve been following the posts of the bloggers below and would like to hear more about them, so I’ll tag:
Nicole of Pinch My Salt
Patricia of Technicolor Kitchen
Paul of Eat Me!
Freya and Paul of Writing At The Kitchen Table
Elizabeth of Mommy Cooks